Build Role-Based Access Control (30 min)
When managing access to resources within an application, it can be useful to group permissions into roles, and assign these roles to users. This is known as Role-Based Access Control (RBAC). The Oso Roles library provides a configuration-based approach to adding role-based access control to your application.
The roles library includes:
- Role configuration - Declarative configuration for roles and permissions for each resource. The roles configuration supports multi-tenancy, resource-specific roles, and hierarchical roles. Groups and custom roles are coming soon.
- Data management - Manage user role assignments in your database, linking with your resource data.
- Enforcement - Enforce authorization consistently throughout your application routing and data access layers.
- End-user configuration - Expose authorization configuration to end users using Oso’s role data API.
- Last-mile customizations - Extend authorization logic for each resource by writing custom policies using Polar, Oso’s declarative policy language.
The Oso Roles library is coming soon for Rust!
If you want to get roles working in your app now or just want to register your interest for an Oso Roles library in Rust drop into our Slack or send an email to our engineering team and we’ll unblock you.